Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Forget Not....

Did you hear President Uchtdorf's talk on Saturday night at the General RS Broadcast? It was AMAZING. I loved everything about it, but most especially I felt like he was talking directly to me. I felt like it was direct from heaven and that I was the most important person there. I am sure anyone who hears it will feel the same. It was SO good. {I can't way enough good about it.} You can watch and/or listen to it HERE. As soon as we came home I started seeing printables of the tiny forget me not flowers and decided that I wanted to make my own. {you can download them at the bottom of this post!}

I had some free canvas and I wanted to try it on the canvas to see how it would look. I LOVE it. It's exactly what I was hoping for. I printed my image 8x10 and then trimmed the sides down just a little bit so it fit on my 8x10 canvas. I then modge podged it onto the canvas. Be careful to not scrape the picture or it will scrape off the processing of the picture. I love how they turned out....no, they are not as cool as canvas...but they probably cost about $10 or less {if you had to buy the canvas}.


After the modge podge was dry, I painted the edges of the canvas a charcoal gray and blended it on the edges of the photo so it would hide the edge of the photo and look like it was inked on the edges.

 I then got carried away and made a 16x20 of the Salt Lake Temple. I did the same thing with this one, it was a little harder to keep the picture glued down on the canvas because my picture was rolled up when I picked it up from the photo place. Make sure you have a flat photo for easier results.


Here is a close up view of the edges.


Here is the download if you want to print your own "Forget Not" sign.

8x10 PRINT SIZE - Click twice to enlarge and then right click and "save as" to get image
4x6 PRINT SIZE - Click twice to enlarge and then right click and "save as" to get image
    Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Do you think I could mod podge this onto wood as well? This would make great Relief Society Birthday gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I am sure you could do this on wood. I would just make sure you can get enough glue between the wood and the picture. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I want to make these for all the sisters in our ward for the Relief Society Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails