Saturday, August 21, 2010

Child's Artist Smock


I have been in a crafting mood lately and have been making things for the last couple of days.  I realized on Thursday that I needed a smock (or old shirt) for Kirsten for Kindergarten.  I opted to make a cute artist smock.  I found it at Sew Mama Sew and thought it would be fun to make.  I had an old valance that I bought at the thrift store awhile back for less then a dollar that I pulled apart and used the material.  I think if I were to make it again I would use a little bit thicker material or double up, but hindsight is always 20/20.  Since Peter is starting Joy School with some friends and needed a smock of some sort.  I pulled out some material I had also bought at the same time for less then a dollar and made him one too.  It cost me more for the bias tape to go around each one.  The pattern is made from an old t-shirt as the base.  Sew Mama does a good job of teaching you how to make your own pattern and I think they turned out pretty cute.  Peter's is almost the same size and it seems to have more coverage.  I think I would make Kirsten's a little longer.  Now Kirsten will be the cutest girl in her Kindergarten class when they go to paint.  Now I just have to figure out how to put her name on it . . .

Did you notice we added a flicker slide show?  We just wanted to add some of the projects that we repeat over and over again and not bore you with pictures of yet another totebag or apron, etc.  Although I'm still thinking about adding my MONGO HUGE tote bag I made for going to the beach or the pool.  I will consider it if you are interested in knowing how to make it.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails