Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Crayon rolls for my cuties

I decided two weeks ago at church when my boy decided to flip the crayons in the ziploc baggie all around the bench that I needed to make crayon rolls for my kids so I could #1 limit the amount of crayons they bring and #2 keep them contained.  I had seen them all over the web and thought they would be a great idea.  So on last Saturday I whipped these up fairly quickly.  I sent the one down with my boy and DAD suggested their should be a flap to cover them so the boy wouldn't dump them out when he was holding it upside down.  Good idea - but how.  So I did a little research and found a blog where a lady added a flap.  Of course I can't find that one but I know I saw it.  But the Crayon roll tutorial at Skip to My Lou was fairly easy to adapt.  I just used a 5 inch by 16 inch piece and sewed it down the side and turned it right sides out and ironed it down.  I did a top stitch on three sides an then sewed the last side down to the top of my crayon roll.  It seems to have stopeed the dumping and once I got one done then the girl was like - I WANT ONE.  All of these were from scraps in my stash which I have been organizing.  It sure made it easy to find matching colors.
Here it is with the top down (oh, that could be taken the wrong way :)  I should have rolled it up and showed you the cute Cars fabric I made it out of - but alas I didn't think about it and we had really limited sunlight today.



I've linked to these linky parties.


Photobucket


The Girl Creative

1 comment:

  1. I made some of these for my kids for Christmas...and I wish I would have known about the flap idea! I'll have to remember this when I make more! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails